The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Only Show Flagged Items? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to only show flagged items? When I show flagged items in the tool bar, all of my unflagged projects are still present. I have to scroll around to find my flagged projects and items. I would like them to disappear so I can focus on the flagged items.

Thanks!
Steve

We will be looking into filter inheritance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Is it possible to only show flagged items? When I show flagged items in the tool bar, all of my unflagged projects are still present. I have to scroll around to find my flagged projects and items. I would like them to disappear so I can focus on the flagged items.
That's true in project view, but not in context view, where only flagged items (including actions that inherit their flags from projects) appear.

In project view you can also group and sort by flagged, which comes close to doing what you want if you also show only flagged items. But it's not perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
We will be looking into filter inheritance.
Is this really a filter inheritance issue? Isn't it really a matter of filters only applying to actions and not to projects?

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Is this really a filter inheritance issue? Isn't it really a matter of filters only applying to actions and not to projects?
If you have a flagged action, then you need to make sure to also show its project (or whatever its parent is in your given view).

-------->Originally Posted by steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
That's true in project view, but not in context view, where only flagged items (including actions that inherit their flags from projects) appear.
This doesn't seem to be working. Anything unflagged that doesn't have a context shows up as well, even though I'm filtering to show only flagged items.

Here are my perspective settings:

View Mode: Context
Focus: No Focus
Filter: All Contexts
Grouping: Ungrouped
Sorting: Flagged
Action Filter: Remaining
Time Filter: Any
Flag Filter: Flagged

In addition, if I switch to showing just No Context items, and filter to show only unflagged tasks, the flagged tasks show up as well!

--Sandy Santra

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
This doesn't seem to be working. Anything unflagged that doesn't have a context shows up as well, even though I'm filtering to show only flagged items....

In addition, if I switch to showing just No Context items, and filter to show only unflagged tasks, the flagged tasks show up as well!
I think that's because the No Context grouping is a recent addition and the quirks haven't been worked out of it yet. The idea was to have a space where you could see all your actions without a context and quickly assign a context. But it does break filtering.

The quick solution is to select the Contexts folder; the actions without context will no longer appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
I think that's because the No Context grouping is a recent addition and the quirks haven't been worked out of it yet. The idea was to have a space where you could see all your actions without a context and quickly assign a context. But it does break filtering.

The quick solution is to select the Contexts folder; the actions without context will no longer appear.
Wow, this bug seems to be gone! Did they fix it with this afternoon's release? Not sure, but I'm very happy to see my Flagged perspectives working the way I want them.

--Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
Wow, this bug seems to be gone! Did they fix it with this afternoon's release? Not sure, but I'm very happy to see my Flagged perspectives working the way I want them.
Interesting, because I'm still seeing unflagged, contextless actions when I filter flagged items in revision 92227.

In 92061, the Flagged filter doesn't seem to be working as I expect. I've never used Flagged before today so I don't know if this is broken or by design.

I expect when I flag a project or action, and then set my view to Flagged, that only Flagged projects or actions would appear. Instead I see all (or a significant subset) of all my unflagged items also.

What's going on?