The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WYSIWYG editor works. Oh, my! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have to thank you guys for including a WYSIWYG editor that actually works in OmniWeb. It's lovely.

Which reminds me, why don't all those other editors work (TinyMCE, FCKeditor, etc.)?

Have I overlooked something or is this a thing of the future you are talking about?

I may have been a bit ambiguous. I meant the WYSIWYG editor on this forum. A lot of forums/blogs/etc. that have WYSIWYG editors don't quite work in OmniWeb. This one, however, does, and I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I may have been a bit ambiguous. I meant the WYSIWYG editor on this forum. A lot of forums/blogs/etc. that have WYSIWYG editors don't quite work in OmniWeb. This one, however, does, and I like that.
WYSIWYG editor on this forum? Are you referring to the formatting bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
WYSIWYG editor on this forum? Are you referring to the formatting bar?
Um, yes.

It lets you do WYSIWYG formatting. Eh? How's that?

We WordPress folks refer to it as a WYSIWYG editor, because we tend to hand-code our site designs but complain loudly if we have to code our posts. It's odd.

Oh, you want to know what's really funny/stupid? I didn't actually try said formatting bar. I just got really excited to see all the little icons, and assumed it would style my text right in the editor. I didn't realize it just puts in tags. My face is quite red.:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
We WordPress folks refer to it as a WYSIWYG editor, because we tend to hand-code our site designs but complain loudly if we have to code our posts. It's odd.
I wish we could get the WYSYWIG toolbar in WordPress 2.0.2. I only see it when I use FireFox.
I reported the problem quite a while ago and I was told that this would be something to be implemented in WebKit itself (some kind of limitation with Javascript as far as I remember).

Corentin

PS: I also avoid typing html tags by hand in WordPress: I use MarsEdit :-)

Last edited by Cortig; 2006-04-18 at 09:09 AM..

Ah, MarsEdit. A nice application, one I may invest in soon enough. For now I open up Camino and do my editing. Using OmniWeb would be pretty sweet, though.

Sigh. And if only OmniWeb did my laundry as well, then it would be a near-perfect browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortig
I wish we could get the WYSYWIG toolbar in WordPress 2.0.2. I only see it when I use FireFox.
Bit of a thread over at WordPress on this, but Opera and the latest Firefox Universal Binaries seem to be OK.

Last edited by Splutter; 2006-04-21 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: direct link instead of feed link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortig
I reported the problem quite a while ago and I was told that this would be something to be implemented in WebKit itself (some kind of limitation with Javascript as far as I remember).
Sneaky Peak (Peek - doh!) works with the Visual Rich Editor - when spoofed as Firefox anyway.

Last edited by Splutter; 2006-05-02 at 01:37 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splutter
Sneaky Peak works with the Visual Rich Editor - when spoofed as Firefox anyway.

Veruy nice!! I never thought of pretending to be FireFox. I jus tried andd saw it for a second... then OW crashed....

Thanks for the tip though,