The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to sort items? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
To move a project to another folder, tap on the project's header to edit it, then click the Move button. You'll be offered a list of potential destinations. You will also have the option to convert it back to an action (or action group), which will put it in the place you have configured for default single actions (Miscellaneous by default, set in the Data preferences in the Mac OmniFocus).

Alternately, while focused on a folder, you can reorder the projects in the sidebar using the "Edit Sidebar" Settings (gear) menu option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf View Post
Alternately, while focused on a folder, you can reorder the projects in the sidebar using the "Edit Sidebar" Settings (gear) menu option.
As long as younger oriented in Landscape. Does not work in Portrait. Bug sent.

_three different_ ways to move stuff around depending on what you are moving and where you want to move it - one of them dependent on how the iPad is oriented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
As long as younger oriented in Landscape. Does not work in Portrait. Bug sent.
Not a bug - apps get rejected from the App Store for showing two popovers at the same time.

That's why Edit Sidebar isn't present in portrait mode - the sidebar is a popover, and so is the menu you get when you touch the gear button. Apple's rules say you can't show both at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Not a bug - apps get rejected from the App Store for showing two popovers at the same time.

That's why Edit Sidebar isn't present in portrait mode - the sidebar is a popover, and so is the menu you get when you touch the gear button. Apple's rules say you can't show both at the same time.
Not sure I follow... when you touch the gear in portrait (which would cause the offending popover) you already have a solution in place - shrinking the sidebar to become the menu. If a user were to select "Edit Sidebar" you could just reverse the animation and concatenate the animation to go to edit mode. Or perhaps change the state of the sidebar to edit and then reverse the animation if that can be done.

Last edited by brandall10; 2010-08-08 at 09:40 PM..

I don't recall seeing this method in the video about the iPad app. I almost gave up on this app completely (back to TODO) as a result of this and not knowing how to press hold on a project to create a task in that project. I can't find the video on the site now of course to verify. If I am correct and it is not in the video I strongly recommend creating a new video that fully shows the user interface interactions.