The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1.5 Sneaky Peak? What? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Oct 13: 1.1 Sneaky Peak
Oct 15: 1.5 Sneaky Peak

What am I getting ready to walk into if I install the 1.5 sneaky peak?

Is it just a version number change?

Brandon

It's just a rename. No drastic functional changes.
We talked internally about all the work we've done for syncing and realized that calling it 1.1 would not really reflect that. So we've renamed it 1.5. Everything we've said about OmniFocus 1.1 for Mac still applies to this train of sneaky peeks, even though it's been renamed to 1.5.
(And no, the rename does not imply that we're delaying the release any more to add any more stuff. It's still going to be final soon.)

I for one hope it doesn't also imply that a 2.0 paid upgrade is going to come any sooner than originally planned ;)

unrelated, but i wish there could be as much focus on the iPhone version as there is on the desktop version. of course, i love the updates to the sneakpeaks, but the biggest impact for me would be a faster to load iPhone version.

Would i be wrong to assume the iPhone team is rather small and as a product, it's not getting a huge amount of attention? feels that way

I answered this in the other thread where you posted it, since I saw it there first, but for other readers who may not have seen that: the iPhone version is indeed getting a good bit of attention. Full post here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...9&postcount=17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
It's just a rename. No drastic functional changes....
except for this

"In Context mode, you can choose whether Projects and Contexts are visible.
In Planning mode, you can choose whether Contexts are visible."

jeeze, next you'll be adding tags!

Seriously, why the change in stance from simple-so-one-feels-constrained to flexible-enough-to-hang yourself?

I think it's just a matter of choice , a lot of my perspectives are based on " all contexts" in context mode and the " library " in planning mode so it's helpful to be able to glance and see exactly what context or project an item is related to .
I especially appreciate the " completed date " column, it makes the completed items view much more user friendly : )