The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Make OF understand 'ISO week' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I today sent the below message to OF Support. It's a renewal of a bug fix request I submitted in December 2008. I'm posting it here in the hopes that there are others who have encountered this problem and would like to chime in and get Omni to finally fix it.
Hello OF Support!

It has now been over a year and I'm afraid nothing has happened.

It is hard for me to believe that I'm the only one with this problem, which in a nutshell is: OF only seems to understand 'American week', i.e. the week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday, whereas most of Europe, at least, uses the ISO week and considers week to be from Monday to Sunday.

If I today, on Sunday 14th Feb, write 'Next week' in Due field, OF interprets it as Saturday 27th Feb. I on the other hand - living the last (NOT the first) day of the current week - would like the date to be interpreted as Sunday 21st Feb (or actually Friday 19th Feb, the last day of the WORK WEEK, but that's an other story and a feature request).

Of course there are ways to work around this bug, but it should be fixed, nevertheless.

So for starters, please, make OF international so that it respects the 'First day of the week' selection in its own Preferences throughout the program. This shouldn't be any overly difficult programming task, should it? After that, please, consider the 'due-by-the-end-of-the-next-WORK-week' request; I think this should be an option in the preferences.

With best regards,

JMTee (otherwise a happy OF user)