The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Setting Future Dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
Before my question, a quick note. I'm a Windows user all day at work. I've been exporting my perspectives to HTML to have with me on my Windows computer (not fun). So, having OF for iPad is about the biggest increase in productivity for me that I can imagine in my workday. Great Stuff!

So, one question. I'm trying to create a project for future goals (1 year, 5, year, 10 year). When I try to set an end date, I can't manually edit the numbers in the date field. I have to use the UI's date scrolling wheel. Since the wheel doesn't have a year, for my 5 and 10 year goals I have to scroll manually through thousands of days. Is there an easier way?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlings13 View Post
So, one question. I'm trying to create a project for future goals (1 year, 5, year, 10 year). When I try to set an end date, I can't manually edit the numbers in the date field. I have to use the UI's date scrolling wheel. Since the wheel doesn't have a year, for my 5 and 10 year goals I have to scroll manually through thousands of days. Is there an easier way?
Repeatedly tapping the +1 month button (in the editor before you bring up the date picker) should get you in the ballpark a lot more quickly...

Thanks for your feedback! Normally we'd ask that you email the ninjas so they can create a feature request but considering their load today I took care of that already. Logged and voted!