The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus APIs and Windows Phone 7 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Given that a 1st party Windows Phone 7 client is not going to happen, is there a possibility of publishing public APIs that would allow a 3rd party to write a WP7 client?

I should state that I am not very technically minded, and so I have no idea what writing an API entails, especially for something as complicated as OF. I just cannot do without OF on my Mac and would appreciate a client on my WP7. Thanks.

Last edited by adn; 2011-06-26 at 04:00 PM..

Do you mean that you want the ability to sync a WM7 client with a webdav server where the data i stored?

You would effectively have to build a product from scratch which entirely reproduces OmniFocus.

Good luck with that, it's taken Omni years to get to this point.

You are probably right. I am just a fan of OF that wishes it or an interoperable substitute would run on WP7. I guess I have no idea about implementation and what it would take to get there.

I was thinking that if public APIs existed a WP7 developer might decide to create a barebones app that allowed for task entry, checking off tasks, and viewing lists, without necessarily including features like perspective syncing, location, forecast, etc.

If what you are saying is true then I can only hope that Omni Group eventually changes its stance on not supporting platforms other than Mac and iOS.

Actually, does the existence of Spootnik mean that a 3rd party WP7 client is technically possible? Unless it grew out of a proprietary agreement between Omni and Spootnik, I think this has to mean that a WP7 developer should be able to interface with OF data. Am I wrong?

http://www.spootnik.net/