The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drag+Drop Email as Link to Note Field? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Perhaps I have lost my mind here. I would swear that I used to be able to drag+drop an email message from email (Mail app) in to the note field of an OF task and have it appear as an active link back to the mail message itself. That was OS 10.6.8. I seem now to have lost the ability to do it. Did this change in 10.8, or am I remembering something that never was?

TIA ... My apologies if this is already a known behavior change.

--
JJW

Still works for me here, on Mountain Lion. I just tried dragging an email to the notes field of a new task using the Quick Entry window, and also to the notes field of an existing task, and in both cases it worked.

Hmmm ... it is sporadic ... sometimes an email message will drag+drop as a link, and sometimes it will not. It is also happening with other apps ... sometimes I can drag+drop in to them, and sometimes not.

Perhaps it is a configuration issue with my set up. Whatever, it is clearly not an Omnifocus issue.

Thanks again.

--
JJW

Problem resolved ... mail message will not drag and drop as links from Smart Mailboxes. Try it and see ...

This is system-wide, not an OF issue.

--
JJW