The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting (over) Fresh - How do I delete a database? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Gang,

I want to start over this new years and delete my Omnifocus database and start fresh. I have so much unprocessed and old information in the database that I hardly open the application any more.

How do I delete my entire library (after a back up, of course) so that I can start fresh, like a new user?

Thank,

Aaron.

After you've got a backup, simply delete the OmniFocus.ofocus file found in Library/Application Support/OmniFocus in your home directory. If you want to clear all the settings as well, you can remove Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
After you've got a backup, simply delete the OmniFocus.ofocus file found in Library/Application Support/OmniFocus in your home directory. If you want to clear all the settings as well, you can remove Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist
Hope you won't mind a related question here. I have multiple regular OF backups. I plan to keep my existing .ofocus file, but delete a bunch of fallow projects and notes from the current database and have a clean, current OF system.

If in a few weeks I find I need something from the archive, how do I open the appropriate backup file, copy what I need, and paste it into the current, clean system?

Thanks!

To retrieve something from a backup, just double-click on the backup file with OmniFocus already running. OmniFocus will open the backup file in a separate window, and you can just drag and drop whatever you want back into your production database. Hard to get much easier than that!

Thanks - I hoped it would be just that easy, elegant, and painless.