The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Select and move multiple points? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After choosing Edit > Shapes > Make Points Editable, I can't seem to marquee-select or shift-click to select multiple points to move. This is necessary on custom objects in order to, for example, lengthen a button like the iPhone "Back" button (triangle on one end, rounded corners on the other) without distorting the radius of the round corners, or changing the angle of the triangle end.

In Illustrator, I would simply marquee-select around the points I wanted to move, then could either drag them or (my normal choice) nudge them with the arrow keys.

In OG, I have to select a point, move it, then select the next point, move it, etc. Quite time consuming and prone to errors.

Is there a tool or mode that I'm missing that will let me do this? Or is there a smart object kind of approach to custom shapes that would make it unnecessary?

Thanks!
Allen

This issue drives me nuts. As I draw more and more custom shapes, the ability to select multiple points with a marquis is vital - my only resort is to leave the app and to my business in Illustrator, then save out the AI file and open it back in OmniGraffle - an awful workflow.

You can Shift-select multiple vertex points (same goes for points on lines), it's not as efficient as a marquee-select, but it's at least possible.

Hope that helps,