The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcut for Add to Clippings service Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I upgraded to OO Pro, my keyboard shortcut for the "Search with Google" service was taken over by OO Pro's "Add to Clippings" service.

I checked OO Pro Preferences to see if I could change its keyboard shortcut - no luck.

Fortunately, a VersionTracker search turned up Peter Maurer's excellent Service Scrubber utility (donationware). In addition to restoring my "Search with Google" shortcut, Service Scubber also really slimmed down my Services menu, which was filled with services from applications I've installed but never use.

For nearly two years, I've been running Service Scrubber after each OmniOutliner Pro upgrade to eliminate the Service > OmniOutliner: Add to clippings keyboard shortcut.

I'm finally getting around to making a formal request for OmniOutliner to offer a user preference to customize (or eliminate) this conflicting keyboard shortcut.

I'm sorry, SearchGoogle got there first, and I can't retrain these old fingers.

[submitted as formal feedback]

Fwiw, you can use the Keyboard & Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts settings in System Preferences to assign keyboard shortcuts for Services, as well as for Application menu items. I suspect that you can also use it to change ones that already exist for something else, but I haven't tried it.