The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeat task function (newbie) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi
I have just discovered OP and like it a lot so far. My first missing feature that I would like and cannot find is the ability to repeat a task for the life of the project. This may be a weekly meeting or something similar where the duration and time can be filled out with the repeat parameters and it will appear along one line of the gannt.

Congratulations

Criag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD Morris
Hi
I have just discovered OP and like it a lot so far. My first missing feature that I would like and cannot find is the ability to repeat a task for the life of the project. This may be a weekly meeting or something similar where the duration and time can be filled out with the repeat parameters and it will appear along one line of the gannt.

Congratulations

Criag
The ability to set a recurring task is a popular feature request in our database right now. I'll go ahead and add another vote to it for you. :-)

Hiya, I'm new to OmniPlan too, love what I'm seeing so far, but would also love to see re-occuring tasks, be those once a quater for 2 hrs, every week for 1 day or annually for 20 mins.

Can you please add a vote from me for this?

Also, do you know when this is likely to be implemented?

keep up the excellent work!

Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong View Post
The ability to set a recurring task is a popular feature request in our database right now. I'll go ahead and add another vote to it for you. :-)
I would also like to add my vote for this. Again using construction projects as an example, there are always weekly or biweekly meetings scheduled for certain trades or consultants, and monthly site visits, etc. Definitely a 'must have' in a PM program.

Votes added for both of you. I can't say for sure when/if we'll have this feature in OmniPlan, but it's getting popular in our development database.

Thanks