The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

One action potentially on many projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Along the lines of my previous post, but not quite the same...

What about actions that could belong to more projects? i.e. I'm going to a conference and has the following projects/outcomes: "Present work at conf.", "Work with former colleague", "Visit friends". Where to put actions relevant for all these part outcomes (call travel agency, get rental car, etc.)? Or is this a sign that I have not processed enough or defined the projects carefully enough?

Thanks in advance for any insights you may have!

What you have there is a distinct groups of actions. I would probably have a project for trip preparation then separate projects that can be a little more focused on the exact topic at hand while you're actually at the conference.

You *could* create just one project like "Attend conference" and then start it with your preparation actions (Call travel agency) and then group your sub projects like "Present work at conference" as action groups within the larger project but this can get big.

Personally I would go with the first option, both are possibilities though.

Thanks again Troy, very helpful. I guess it comes down to breaking it down and getting the habit of thinking of these things like "arrange travel" as projects in themselves.

I'd definately go with the first option. Have tried using the nested sub-projects but that became a mess.