The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help creating a specific Perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to create a Perspective that will show all actions (regardless of Project/Context) for which at least one of the following is true:
Item is due today
Item is due tomorrow
Item is flagged

This will basically be a "Today" perspective which should show me anything that's due either today or tomorrow, or is flagged.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Happy to help - see my post in this thread for steps to create one. Hope this helps!

(Note that this assumes you have the "Due soon means" preference set to "1 day" in OmniFocus' preferences.)

Thanks Brian--that worked perfectly. I had my "Due soon is in the next" set to 24 hours, so I obviously had to change that to "2 days" to be able to get actions due both today and tomorrow to show up using this perspective. The downside is that now my dock and iOS badges also show the next 2 days, which isn't exactly what I want, but I can deal with that tradeoff.

I was originally looking for some kind of smart search feature that would allow the building of a specific query (similar to Option-Cmd-Space in Finder) line-by-line mixing and matching criteria. It would be nice to keep my original preference setting of Due=next 24 hours but build a separate query to include specific due dates, rather than having a single definition of "Due".

Not a huge deal though. Thanks for your quick and dead-on reply. You guys are the best!