The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Hey, you're making my Palm obsolete!!! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Despite my desire for multiple contexts, I am finding OF useful enough that I am using it for my task management.

However, there is a major problem with that! It's making my Palm PDA partially obsolete! (at least the task functionality).

Hmph -- I don't think I will double enter tasks from OF into my PDA, so I will probably end up bringing my Mac Book (13") with me. Now I just need to find a good form-fitting case I can use to protect it.

I dream of the day I could take my mac notebook everywhere (former PC convert... not going back). I actually really like that I can sync Omnifocus with ical and from there my Palm. I usually end up doing this once a night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
I dream of the day I could take my mac notebook everywhere (former PC convert... not going back). I actually really like that I can sync Omnifocus with ical and from there my Palm. I usually end up doing this once a night.
I didn't know a Palm could be sync'd to iCal. I am going to check it out. It will be a big step to go from Windows to the Mac. Well, a big step because it's leaving something familiar (and ubiquitous) behind. Maybe I can sync with both iCal and Windows Palm Desktop.

The iPhone will probably move in the direction of PDA once the software development kit comes out, so ultimately I will probably end up with that rather than my Palm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eronel View Post
Thanks Lenore -- the Spec case looks like a good option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Hmph -- I don't think I will double enter tasks from OF into my PDA
OmniFocus can sync your action lists with your Palm via iCal and Missing Sync: that's what I was doing with my Treo before I switched to an iPhone. It's a two-way sync: not only does your Palm see whatever you've changed on your Mac, but your Mac also sees whatever you've changed on the Palm.

I miss this functionality on my iPhone, and I'm really looking forward to Apple's release of the iPhone SDK in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I miss this functionality on my iPhone, and I'm really looking forward to Apple's release of the iPhone SDK in February.
I am really looking forward to you releasing OmniFocus Mobile right after that! :)

(I hope you are just being shy and already have the SDK).

BZ