The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hiding completed tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This should be simple, how do I hide completed tasks from Task View and exported html Full Project file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxedguy View Post
This should be simple, how do I hide completed tasks from Task View and exported html Full Project file?
This isn't in OmniPlan at the moment, but there is a feature request for this.

For now, what you can do is go to "File" > "Export" and select "OmniPlan" from the format list. Make sure to check the "Only Tasks Matching" option and set it to "Completion is at most 99%". This should filter out any tasks that are 100% complete in your new OmniPlan file.

Would this work for you?

That doesn't work. All completed tasks remain in the export.

Odd...it works for me. Would it be possible for you to send your file to us?

It turns out that I had to export to the new omniplan file before I could export html or PDF files. I had been trying to export directly to html, which doesn't work. The extra steps are annoying, I hope the reporting gets a lot better in the next version.

The html/PDF export should at least bold group names and indent sub-tasks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxedguy View Post
It turns out that I had to export to the new omniplan file before I could export html or PDF files. I had been trying to export directly to html, which doesn't work. The extra steps are annoying, I hope the reporting gets a lot better in the next version.

The html/PDF export should at least bold group names and indent sub-tasks.
Sorry for not mentioning this relaxedguy. The export filters are broken for PDF and HTML exports at this time but we're going to have this fixed as soon as possible, hence the workaround of creating exporting a new OmniPlan document first.

Indentation for the exports are also another thing we're currently looking into.

Please add another vote for hiding completed tasks ..thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555 View Post
Please add another vote for hiding completed tasks ..thanks !
No problem!