The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Toolbars in omniapps? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just out of curiosity;

Why is it that the toolbar icons in OF and OP are so different in style? I personally think that the icons in OF are absolutely clear and perfect, but the icons in OP are unclear, to put it mildly. Would it not be an obvious way to achieve uniformity within the apps to use icons from the same branch?

Other than that, keep up the good work! Love and depend upon both OF and OP. By the way Ken Case, if you happen to read this:

I would loooooooove to have an omnigroup alternative to all the less successful CRM-apps that are out there for the mac. An app where you could do your GTD, your project planning, AND link tasks and projects to contacts and track progress...How about that Ken? Wouldn´t that be something?

OP used to have color icons much more like the ones in OF, but they were changed to follow the Apple guidance for Lion when OP 2 came out. I expect OF will get the same treatment when its UI is revamped.

Given that they don't share any icons other than the Inspector, I'm not sure I see how having them in the same style would bring a big usability improvement — would you explain?