The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Getting preference values with AS Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
All,

For my Populate Template Placeholders script, I'm trying to read the value of OF's OFMTaskDefaultDueTimeDateComponents preference. So far, no joy. The following works, but I'm not able to get at any of the properties of the preference.

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	set theDueTimePreference to (first preference whose id is "OFMTaskDefaultDueTimeDateComponents")
	return theDueTimePreference
end tell
I tried return value of theDueTimePreference, but get a handler error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Curt

Hi Curt,

In the most recent sneaky peak the code you wrote above returns this for me:

Code:
preference id "OFMTaskDefaultDueTimeDateComponents" of application "OmniFocus"

Right. That's what it returns for me also. But I can't figure out how to do anything with the preference object that doesn't throw an error.

Curt

woops, sorry, I misread the first post, Curt. yeah, I can't get the text of, or value of, or "get" item of any of the ID. :( I see what you mean.

hope they help you out with this - would be a killer feature

It turns out that I didn't need the preference value to fix the date bug. So my question is really just academic for now.

Curt