The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature Request: Switch View while retaining selection Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sometimes I'm looking at a task in context view and I want to see how it fits in to my plan for a project. I wish I could right click it and switch to the Project view with that task already highlighted. (This would be similar to a "show matching transaction" feature in a double entry accounting program like Quicken.)

As is right now, I have to switch to project view, make sure everything is visible, and search for it. A lot of extra keystrokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrover
Sometimes I'm looking at a task in context view and I want to see how it fits in to my plan for a project. I wish I could right click it and switch to the Project view with that task already highlighted. (This would be similar to a "show matching transaction" feature in a double entry accounting program like Quicken.)

As is right now, I have to switch to project view, make sure everything is visible, and search for it. A lot of extra keystrokes.
This feature is already available, though a bit buggy. The command is View -> Show in Project View. The bug is that, although the action will be selected in the project view, the content pane of the project view does not always get focus. Sometimes the project sidebar has focus instead.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
This feature is already available, though a bit buggy. The command is View -> Show in Project View. The bug is that, although the action will be selected in the project view, the content pane of the project view does not always get focus. Sometimes the project sidebar has focus instead.
If you go into the project view
Expand all projects by going to the expand all menu item
then back to the context view
then back to the menu->view project command

It will find the task in the project.