The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

how to merge two databases? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have omnifocus on two different computers. One is synced with the server. How do I get the info from the other computer into the server. In other words, I want to merge the two datatbases. I'd tried an export and import, using an omnifocus document, but I couldn't import that document. Is there a way to do this with export and import?

Last edited by rllewis@mac.com; 2008-09-10 at 03:03 PM..

Lizard answered this question a week or two ago here but there is a bug right now that makes it more work than it should be. You'll have to reassign the contexts (though it's just a matter of going through the motions of setting them as you can see what they were set to in the old document side-by-side with the new).

help! I followed Lizards instructions and the imported database opened but my default database is nowhere to be seen! there is no side by side window. How do I get my data back without reverting to yesterday's back up?

Last edited by rllewis@mac.com; 2008-09-10 at 05:04 PM..

whew. I think I found it on my iDisk.

If you just quit OmniFocus and restart it, you should see your "default" database. Then double-click on the imported database and you should get another window, which you can arrange side-by-side with the first one. It helps if you rename the imported database to have some other name before doing this so the window title reflects which one is which.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2008-09-10 at 06:12 PM..