The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPresence Animated Icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This may seem like a small thing, but to me it is not. I don't like that the OmniPresence icon in the top bar is constantly animating if a document needs syncing.

I don't have a constant connection with my WebDAV server, which is my home Mac Server. So every time I edit a file on the go -- or when my Mac is off -- the OmniPresence icon keeps animating...

I find this behavior very distracting, as instead of the focus on my document, my eyes are constantly drawn to the animation. I think the behavior should be changed that it animates for a limited time, then changes into a non-animated single color. Or simply keep the animation confined to the document picker.

I like the iPad as it offers so much serenity and focus. And I can't think of any other app that has this constant attention grabbing animated icon. It is well-intentioned, but sometimes it's not the intention that counts, but the user experience.

Ignore this post. I see it does behave like I want, it just takes a little longer than expected to turn into a non animated solid state. Please delete this thread.

It takes maybe two minutes to turn into solid state, I believe. I still find it a bit too long.