The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF 1.7.3 doesn't even start on 10.5 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've updated OF this morning to 1.7.3.

When I launch the new version, OF icon bounches for a while then stop bouncing. The app is in the Dock but there isn't the little glow sign next to it that says it's running. Application has no windows and is not usable.

Asking it to quit doesn't work, you have to kill it via terminal or activity monitor... great.

My iphone OF also doesn't sync anymore, always reporting connection error.

No so cool for such expensive software...

Gam

PS: Had to dig in the Trash to get back to work with OF 1.7.2

1.7.3 works fine for me on OS 10.5. It sounds like your database is corrupted. I strongly suggest that you contact the support ninjas, omnifocus@omnigroup.com, for help. They'll work with you to solve the problems. Part of what you pay for when you buy an Omni product is world class technical support.

In the meantime, you might try Rebuild Database to see if that cleans things up.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamov View Post
I've updated OF this morning to 1.7.3.

When I launch the new version, OF icon bounches for a while then stop bouncing. The app is in the Dock but there isn't the little glow sign next to it that says it's running. Application has no windows and is not usable.
Sorry, this seems to be related to the operating system quarantining the download: I can reproduce this by downloading an update with software updating and telling it to Install; when it relaunches the app, I see a 30 second pause before I finally get a prompt saying:

Quote:
"OmniFocus" is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?
I'm not sure why this is happening; if I download from OmniWeb I get a similar quarantine and prompt but the prompt happens right away. (30 seconds seems suspiciously like a timeout; maybe Finder is trying to talk to the downloading application, but that's the application which was just replaced and quarantined, so eventually it gives up and prompts anyway?)

We have code in place to remove the quarantine if we can verify that the downloaded application comes from a signed software update feed (we're trying to avoid the possibility of malware on the local network hijacking one of our feeds to propagate itself), but still we have some work to do on the back end to get those feeds signed. (We expected to have that back end code in place before releasing any updates which would be affected, but the person working on that has been out sick.)

Anyway, here's the simple temporary workaround: have you tried waiting 30 seconds after launching the app? Once the Finder finally displays that prompt and you tell it to open the app anyway, Finder removes the quarantine and you won't have that delay in future launches.

OK, our back end code is updated, so the feeds have app signatures which they're able to validate and will no longer quarantine the downloaded update.

In other words, if you update again now, you will no longer see a 30 second delay when it launches the new version of the app.

I've downloaded from your website the 1.7.3. It started normally.

Thanks.