The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accessing the default blank template in OmniGraffle 5 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apologies if this question has already been posted, but I have not been able to find anything while searching the forum. I'm using OmniGraffle 5 beta, which I have configured to open the "Blank" template at startup (default behaviour). However, there are some customisations I would like to make to that template, such as disabling the canvas pane, enabling the grid and making objects snap to grid. I have tried to access the template to make these changes and then save it, but I have not been able to locate that file. I've had a look at ~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Templates, but that folder is empty. I also tried to locate the template inside the application package, again, to no avail.

I would be grateful if somebody could push me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance!

In case someone is looking for the same answer: the Omni Group's Joel Page told me that there is no way of doing this as the Blank template resides within the application itself. Instead, he suggested I create a new document, make all the modifications I want, save the document (it needs to be in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Templates, as I have found out subsequently) and then tell OmniGraffle, through the preferences, that I would like to have this new file as my default template.

Once again, thanks for your help, Joel!