The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nudge not pixel-aligned? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I've set my document's ruler unit to pixels. However, when I use the arrow keys to move shapes around OmniGraffle will sometimes move them in bizarre increments. From 47 to 47.871 pixels, for example. Is there a way to force OmniGraffle to restrict itself to whole, round pixels?

I too am interested in controlling the level of detail used by OG. Does anyone know how to set these preferences?

The arrow keys will nudge an object one screen pixel, so if you're zoomed in the nudging can move an object to a partial pixel increment.

I'd suggest using the grid to better manage this -- Set your Major grid spacing to 72 px with 72 Minor steps and all should go well. (you can use whatever numbers you like, just so long as the numbers are the same in each input field)

Hope that helps,

Well, it helps only if you nudge objects with a keyboard. But if you drag it with a mouse, the object can get final position with partial coordinates (e.g. 3,804 px). Then you'll strat nudging ant the decimal part will persist: Shift+→ will result in 13,804 px.

That's disappointing...

Last edited by vector; 2011-07-04 at 06:39 AM..