The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Webdav? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
box.net was running way too slow to do anything useful (so many OF users, I guess...). I shelled out 20$ for a year of Nano at BingoDisk and got it up and running immediately.

jb

Good call, all up and running, although I had to reset my password before one got sent out. I wonder if MobileMe will be good enough to persuade me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcg View Post
Same symptoms here. I'd pay for .mac, but mac.com is down for maintenance.

Looking at the files on box.net, there is a folder OmniFocus.ofocus-copy-in-progress-xxx, but it is staying resolutely empty.

Console says

10/07/2008 21:48:03 OmniFocus[29653] sync started 10/07/2008 21:48:05 OmniFocus[29653] Copying 20 files for a total of 59553 bytes.

but nothing seems to end up on the server except the empty folders, one per sync
This is exactly what I'm seeing (not with box.net though). I'd really link to know what the problem is. Since I do have access to a WebDAV host, I don't want to have to pay for it somewhere else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcg View Post
Good call, all up and running, although I had to reset my password before one got sent out. I wonder if MobileMe will be good enough to persuade me...
What exactly did you get up and running? Did you use Jeremy's bingodisk recommendation?

Last edited by dr3wster; 2008-07-10 at 01:42 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Aqua, if you're using the method in the article that dr3 linked to, you'd want to use the 'disk' sync method, not the WebDAV method.

There are a lot of variables involved in setting up WebDAV with various providers, so it's extremely hard for us to help.

Figuring out how to assist folks that want to avoid paying for MobileMe is definitely on our radar screen, but if your goal is to be ready to go right now and with a minimum of fuss, it's at least worth considering.
for a system to be trusted it must be rock solid. Not wanting to rely ok apples servers to sync my phone & computer is TOTALLY reasonable - @ I am very dissapointed that OG has been so short sighted regarding this. If I couldn't sync every time .mac has gone down in the past I would not be able to use OF period.

You're right, of course, this was a completely boneheaded design decision to use a standard protocol like WebDAV. Tell you what -- I don't think you should be penalized for buying something so flawed. I'll buy that copy of the OmniFocus iPhone app from you at your cost. PM me for the address where you should mail your iPhone with OmniFocus installed, and I'll send you the $20 today :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
What exactly did you get up and running? Did you use Jeremy's bingodisk recommendation?
Yes, Bingodisk does it for me

I got it working on a by following the steps in this post (see Post #5)

http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=80054

I also used this

http://www.apluskb.com/scripts/How_d...nswer2165.html

to create the .htpasswd file that the first link requires. To connect, I just put the url http://myipaddress/ical (which is the folder the first link tells you to create, name it whatever). And then that same address into the iPhone app, and it worked perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You're right, of course, this was a completely boneheaded design decision to use a standard protocol like WebDAV. Tell you what -- I don't think you should be penalized for buying something so flawed. I'll buy that copy of the OmniFocus iPhone app from you at your cost. PM me for the address where you should mail your iPhone with OmniFocus installed, and I'll send you the $20 today :-)
Offering web dav as an option = great.

Forcing every user to buy an online service or at best learn how to hack their box = shortsighted and crap usability.

Don't believe me? Watch the posts from n00bs skyrocket about this @ kindly save your patronizing for those without genuine crticism. OF hardly needs another fanboi :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidtreo View Post
Don't believe me? Watch the posts from n00bs skyrocket about this
I am, for one, totally fu**cking lost.

$20 later, I'm scrambling all over the interwebs trying to get my OF database onto my iPhone with absolutely _no_ clue what is going on.