The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Color-coded by resource? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can't figure out how to color code my gantt chart (or tasks) by resource. This was the one reason why I upgraded. Anybody figure this out?

Will you send me 10% of the upgrade fee if I tell you how to do it? :-)

Go to the Resource view (cmd-option-2). Bring up the Color chooser (cmd-shift-C). Now select a resource and choose a color. Repeat as needed.

Another way to customize tasks based on who is assigned, is to create a named Style for that resource. To do that, open the Project: Style Inspector, then create a new named Style with the + button. Make the style choices you'd like, i.e. Background color, gantt bar color, completion bar color, font color, etc...

Now, grab that Style row and drag it onto a Resource in the Resource View. Or, highlight the resource and press the function key assigned to that named style (the first is always F1). Any existing or new Tasks assigned to that Resource will now get that style.

Joel R
Software Test Pilot
The Omni Group

Last edited by joelr; 2011-07-27 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: "named style", not "custom style"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelr View Post
Another way to customize tasks based on who is assigned, is to create a named Style for that resource. To do that, open the Project: Style Inspector, then create a new named Style with the + button. Make the style choices you'd like, i.e. Background color, gantt bar color, completion bar color, font color, etc...

Now, grab that Style row and drag it onto a Resource in the Resource View. Or, highlight the resource and press the function key assigned to that named style (the first is always F1). Any existing or new Tasks assigned to that Resource will now get that style.

Joel R
Software Test Pilot
The Omni Group
This does not seem to work when individuals are grouped together. The style can only be applied to the group and not each individual within the group.

Can you please advise on how this can be done without removing members from a group?

Also, style overlaps seems to occur. If I try to apply another style over the top of an existing one, it appears they overlap. I need to explicity remove each style from the Style Attributes before applying the style I want.

Is this expected behaviour?