The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick Entry window hidden Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have this problem. When I use a key combination to clip to omnifocus, it opens the quick entry window but that window does not come to the front. Instead it is hidden behind other windows and i have to go searching for it.

I am sure it never used to be this way. Any idea how I can get the window to come to the front on clipping?

[Preface: I replied a bit too quickly. What I'm finding is not related specifically to clipping, I find that the Quick Entry window often appears behind other windows even just using the Quick Entry hot key.]

I too have this happening relatively regularly. I'm not sure what circumstances precipitate it, but it doesn't always happen, and my impression is that restarting OmniFocus fixes it (temporarily), though I haven't tested this rigorously.

I'll try to keep an eye out for what circumstances I might see this in, but I have one other piece of data that might help: Quicksilver B59 also suffers from this problem. There, it's actually worse, because the QS window shows itself in the center of the screen, an area which is almost invariably covered by some other window. At least my Quick Entry screen is off to one side, so I can see it peeking out from behind other windows.

This suggests to me that it's something more general than a bug in OmniFocus, but no matter where the underlying cause lies, it still interferes with my use of OF (and now QS) and I'd love to figure out how to make the problem go away.

(Mac OS 10.6.7, OF 1.9)

Last edited by paulhagstrom; 2011-04-20 at 05:09 AM.. Reason: not just clipping, also for regular use of Quick Entry

I had one other thought on this topic: I am running Windowshade X, which might be doing something to the topmost window. I'll try disabling it and see if the sporadic hiding behavior fails to reappear, but in case anyone is seeing this problem and also has WSX running, I thought I'd suggest that as a possibility.

[Update: Guy Manchester on the Quicksilver list reported that WSX was causing the same problem I'm seeing with Quicksilver, so it's quite likely the cause with OmniFocus as well.]

Last edited by paulhagstrom; 2011-04-21 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: Confirmation of WSX issue from Quicksilver group