The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can't Hide Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Seems to work fine here with 10.5.3 and OF 1.0.2.

I see this periodically with lots of different apps, so it seems to be an operating system bug in 10.5. Restarting the app usually resolves the issue, but I'm not sure if I know what causes it. (I think it might be more common with apps that automatically launch on login?)

Since some app must always be visible/front-most, could it be that all other apps are hidden, including the Finder, so the window server doesn't allow you to hide the last one? I've bumped into this several times until I got in the habit of never hiding the Finder. Instead, I just close all Finder windows. That way, there's always an app (i.e. Finder) that can come to the front when I hide other things.

Just a thought.

Hmm, no problems here. Updated a couple days ago, and I can hide OF no problem. For that matter, I haven't noticed any problems hiding anything. Now if only I could hide my income from the government! Ha ha. Probably shouldn't joke about that in print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I see this periodically with lots of different apps, so it seems to be an operating system bug in 10.5. Restarting the app usually resolves the issue, but I'm not sure if I know what causes it. (I think it might be more common with apps that automatically launch on login?)
Come to think of it, I have seen this with other apps. OF is happily playing peek-a-boo again. There must be some event that affects how OS X handles hiding/revealing apps, because more than just OF was affected (I discovered after my post.)

Thanks to all for the replies!

I just had another instance of Hide not working. Since it's been a while since I updated to 1.0.2 (100463), this isn't a case of an auto-launch after update.

My best guess is this was the first launch of OmniFocus after upgrading to 10.5.3.

[submitted as formal feedback]

We've seen this ourselves in non-Omni application and had customers report the same thing as well. (See this thread for one example.)

We're pretty sure this is an OS X bug. Folks are seeing it more often in OmniFocus because they spend more time in OmniFocus.