The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hide Until Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Wonderful program, I just bought the iPhone/Desktop combo and am loving it. One thing that I was wondering is if it would be possible to add a "Hide Until" option, which would prevent an item from showing up before a certain date? Maybe this is already possible and I'm just going about it wrong, but what I would like is something to manage recurring bills I know I'll have to pay, I would like to have them due on the 5th and not visible until the 1st (out of sight, out of mind). I know I can set a start date, but they still show up greyed out - I would prefer if I could have items hidden completely so that way I wouldn't even have to consider them (obviously having some view mode that would show them so they could be modified/deleted, etc.). Is this already possible or is it something that could please be implemented? Thanks!

Set the view to Available.

In the view bar, play with the third selector from the right (with the checkbox icon). Setting that to, say, available, will hide items with future start dates.

Ah Ha! Thank you very much!