The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Disabling creating a new window by doubleclicking a tab Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Maybe it's just me, but I find, when navigating between tabs, that I too often double-click the tab. This makes the tab open in a new window and takes it out of the tab bar. I find this incredibly annoying (I almost always end up moving it back). Is there a way to disable this? I wouldn't mind seeing this option in a context menu, but as double click, I find it incredibly too easy to stumble onto.

Regards,

Robert

Not just you - when using my trackpad on my PB, I often do this unintentionally too. Not so much of a problem when using my mouse.

Btw, for feature requests, you are better sending an e-mail using the Send Feedback option from the OmniWeb help menu (it ensures it gets added to the database of requests) than posting here - if you hadn't done it already ;).

I'm having a similar "new window where none was wanted" issue:

I do have the preference setting set for:

⌘-click to open links: In a new background tab

In OmniWeb 5.1.3, viewing a page like:

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comm...IDLink=2046211

in that page I ⌘-click on the MSNBC image to the left of the "obvious" image and the link opens in a new Tab.

With OmniWeb-5.5-sneaky-peek-7-v578, it indeed forces the open to a new window.

Have I missed a new configuration item?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pckizer
Have I missed a new configuration item?
Nope, just the release notes ;)

*blush* I did try to read through that...obviously I was not attentive enough.

Many thanks for the rapid response.