The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspectives window and column sizing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was under the impression that the latest builds store column and window widths.

I opened a perspective called Errands. I disabled the date columns. I set the window to be tall and skinny for printing a nice shopping list. I selected the Errands perspective in the Perspectives window and clicked the camera icon.

I repeated the above steps with another perspective, but activated additional columns and made the window larger. Again, I snapped the camera icon to update the perspective.

However the window size is not remembered when I switch perspectives.

I think the window sizes only apply when you set the perspective to open in a new window.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I think the window sizes only apply when you set the perspective to open in a new window.
This is true for now.

But let us know if you think it should work differently, or if there is a better way of letting you know what to expect.

So far the only one that I have configured to open in a different window is my errands list, which is specifically for printing.

Since none of my other perspectives open in a new window, every time I open my errands list, my main window is hosed.

Huh? I don't understand. How does opening a new window for your errands list hose your main window? It should just sit there untouched. Close your errands window and you're back where you started. Or are there dragons here that I haven't seen?

Curt

Well it doesn't hose my main window immediately after closing my Errands perspective, but the next time I switch perspectives (which stays in the "main" window), the window size changes.

However in the latest build today, that isn't happening, but the Errands perspective is also not opening up in a skinny window either. So now that is hosed. Even after making it skinny and snapping the camera.

There probably isn't stability right now with all of the build changes. I also notice that my Perspectives don't always retain their icons between builds, and the order they are listed also changed on the last build update.