The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bay Area OmniFocus Gathering, 2009 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think I can do it that Thursday. Please let me know where, once things firm up.

~ Brad

I'm good for July 30.

Horst

OK, sounds like Thursday, July 30, is our date then. Shall we say 7:00 - 9:00 PM like last year?

Also, does anyone have a preference as to whether we meet at Great Bear, or would you prefer a more formal setting, like a classroom with a projector?

Please note that I don't have a speech prepared or anything; I wasn't planning on giving any kind of presentation. Although, I was a theater student for a couple semesters in college. Maybe I could recite some Shakespeare? :-)

-Dennis

Haha,

I must admit this is almost a little geeky for my own standards to suggest this, and I am none of the OmniGroup people, but is there I way I could join in via iChat or skype? I'd love to take part in the chat, but I live in the UK, so no way I can come to SF ......... :(

Would be great :)

Robert

I'm just imagining the conversation with your spouse/partner/pet when the alarm clock goes off at 2:30 AM and you explain that you need to get up and have a Skype chat with a bunch of guys in a coffee shop on the other side of the globe about how they use their glorified to do lists :-)

Here's the official plan for the meet-up:

Thursday, July 30, 2009
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Great Bear Coffee & Café in Los Gatos

Hope to see you there!

-Dennis

PS - @Robbie1702: Maybe someone would be willing to set up a video iChat with you from the coffee house. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring my laptop or just live off my iPhone.

Last edited by Toadling; 2009-07-13 at 10:27 AM..

Just a friendly reminder:

The annual Bay Area OmniFocus Gathering is this Thursday, July 30, from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM at Great Bear Coffee & Café in Los Gatos.

Hope to see you there! I'll be the guy with the red cap.

-Dennis

Looking forward to OF and GTD goodness at 7pm... are we going to set up a skype or other conference call after all?

And hey, Dennis promised some Shakespeare too! ;-)

Does anyone know how many are (expected) to come to this?

~ Brad

PS I cross-posted this in the OF for iPhone forum as well... I think that's okay for a general interest topic that's time-sensitive like this one (sorry if I broke any forum rules)...

Last edited by likethesky; 2009-07-30 at 06:41 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by likethesky View Post
are we going to set up a skype or other conference call after all?
I didn't have anything planned, but if someone wants to setup a connection from their laptop, I'm all for it.

Quote:
And hey, Dennis promised some Shakespeare too! ;-)
I think we'd better save the Shakespeare for the pub. ;-)

Quote:
Does anyone know how many are (expected) to come to this?
I don't have a firm count, but I'm expecting a small group, maybe a half dozen or so. That's about what we had last year. It was small enough that we didn't need reservations or anything -- just grab a couple tables and pull up some chairs, very informal.

Quote:
I cross-posted this in the OF for iPhone forum as well
Thanks, that's a good idea. I tend to spend most of my time in the OmniFocus for Mac forum, so I haven't really been promoting this thing elsewhere. In retrospect, I probably should have.

Look forward to seeing you there, Brad!

-Dennis

Sorry guys, unforeseen travel. Won't be able to make it.

Horst