The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug - Projects won't sync direction from ipad-->mac Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys,

i have found a bug:

when I create an new project on the ipad and want to sync with the mac, the new projekt won't arrive on the mac.

The other direction works fine (when I create an new project on the mac and want to sync with the ipad, the new projekt will arrive on the ipad)

Renaming works fine too, when I rename an existing project on the ipad and want to sync with the mac, the changes in the name will arrive on the mac).

Workaround: Create new projects only on the mac

Any ideas? Have you got the same problem?

I use OF 1.7.5 on the mac and 1.01 on the ipad

Last edited by hews; 2010-09-06 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: solved

I'm not so sure this is a bug with the software as much as it's something wrong with your particular setup. I just created a project on the iPad, synced the iPad, synced the Mac, and the new project showed up on the Mac. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Have you contacted support?

Is it possible that your Mac is focused on a subset of your project list? If you select "All Items" from the Perspectives menu, do you see the new iPad projects?

Hi guys,

thank you, i solved the problem

@Ken: I already had selected all items, that didn't help me
@ifonline: yes, there was sth wrong with my setup, with another account on my computer all was ok.

Solution:
via menu "View" I selected teh side-filter an let the system show all projects. Then all was ok.
But I still think this is a little buggy or very hidden in the menu ...
I I select azt the sidemenu than i want to see all project the in want (!!) see all projects and dont want so seek deep in the menues other options to sho me my projects..

Thank you very much! Now all is ok.:)

Hews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hews View Post
Hi guys,

i have found a bug:

when I create an new project on the ipad and want to sync with the mac, the new projekt won't arrive on the mac.

The other direction works fine (when I create an new project on the mac and want to sync with the ipad, the new projekt will arrive on the ipad)

Renaming works fine too, when I rename an existing project on the ipad and want to sync with the mac, the changes in the name will arrive on the mac).

Workaround: Create new projects only on the mac

Any ideas? Have you got the same problem?

I use OF 1.7.5 on the mac and 1.01 on the ipad
Having similar issues but with the iPhone. I was able to sync all data from Mac to iPhone but nothing I do on my Iphone syncs with Mac. Ipad? Forget about the iPad, it can't sync with either the iPhone or Mac. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Is it possible that your Mac is focused on a subset of your project list? If you select "All Items" from the Perspectives menu, do you see the new iPad projects?

Ok, this solved the issue, I see now all the data on my iphone on my mac and vice-versa.