The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any way to set a distance limit for Nearby contexts? [A: Yep - see thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just started using maps, assigning just a work and a home context.

There's 17 miles between the office and my condo, and maps has no problem finding them and pinpointing when I'm at the correct location. The issue is in list mode - when I select list, it dumps everything both at work and home. The only way it seems I can filter to my location is go back to the map, click on work, then click on see available actions.

What do I need to do to get it to automatically filter to my location?

So I played around with this, deleted the home location and placed it some arbitrary distance out and it works. More experimentation shows it needs about 25 miles to understand the separation.

Is anyone else seeing a 25+ mile demarcation point? Searching this forum I didn't see anything mentioning this. Maybe I'm not understanding the point of this feature, but with this granularity it doesn't seem terribly useful.

Last edited by brandall10; 2010-11-19 at 12:20 PM..

Oh wow, thanks for that. Won't have a chance to do this until Sunday.

...and off goes another report to the ninjas..

The page that Bill created with the various settings links is now available here. Hope this helps!