The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Type Shortcut in Butler/Quicksilver/etc & OmniWeb Pretend I Typed In Location Bar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love how OmniWeb handles shortcuts. Marvelous.

But I wish I could use Butler, or Quicksilver, or any number of those utilities, to propogate OmniWeb's location bar with any text I'd like (and "press" return/enter for me.

To reiterate, for instance, I think it would be brilliant if I could press Option-1 (my key combo for immediately popping up a search box w/ Butler), type "wi elvis presley" ("wi" is my shortcut for searching wikipedia.com) and have OmniWeb act as if I just typed that into its Location Bar.

[Normally typing that in OW's location bar would launch a Wikipedia search for elvis presley, in my example]

Does anyone know how to do this (if I'm ignoring something obvious?)... otherwise, does anyone have a better suggestion or comments... or should I post this as a feature request?

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGabe
…Does anyone know how to do this (if I'm ignoring something obvious?)... otherwise, does anyone have a better suggestion or comments... or should I post this as a feature request?
Not sure if I follow your problem. I use Quicksilver and get precisely the behaviour you seem to want. I have the QS Web Search Module plugin installed.

Thank you Derek.

I'm apparently just blind. I've always been a Butler user and I checked out Quicksilver, well, apparently not long enough. If I had read just a few more lines about how it / the Plugins work I would have figured out my answer.

So thank you. Quicksilver is working like a charm. Butler is impossible... it keeps not saving the shortcuts I set, so I'll just stick with Quicksilver. It's beautiful.

Thanks again!