The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

speed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm finding the interface quite slow, and I was wondering if there is something wrong with my system or if everyone is having this issue (due to it being an alpha). I'm not complaining at all, just curious if there's anything I can do about it.

Thanks

There's a note about this in the message of the day: right now, we've embedded OmniObjectMeter in OmniFocus while we're trying to track down some stability issues, which means it's recording TONS of tracking data making things much slower.

Sorry - I missed that. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, was goint to be my first thourght and post until I read that.

It would be great to see builds without it as right now that is KILLING It on my machine (24" iMac, Core Duo, 3GB RAM). It takes 20 seconds to switch views.

BZ

It gets slower, the longer you work, too.

I don't like it, but this is the price of being able to use the alpha. I'll live with it, knowing the release version will be faster.

In the mean time, when I can't deal with the slowness any more, I quit and restart. and think of how klunky Kinkless was ...
-Liz