The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iCal syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to get iCal todo's [the Reminders] to sync with a context called REMINDERS that I have created in Omnifocus.

When I go to preferences my Calendars do not appear.Only (unsynchronised) appears.

How do I sync with iCal reminders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb123 View Post
I am trying to get iCal todo's [the Reminders] to sync with a context called REMINDERS that I have created in Omnifocus.

When I go to preferences my Calendars do not appear.Only (unsynchronised) appears.

How do I sync with iCal reminders?
I'm having the same issues. I contacted the support ninja's and so far they haven't been able to solve my issue. I'm still waiting for another reply. Hope they can figure it out soon.
Ellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerpa View Post
I'm having the same issues. I contacted the support ninja's and so far they haven't been able to solve my issue. I'm still waiting for another reply. Hope they can figure it out soon.
Ellen
if your context is "onMyMAc" it works, if its on Icloud it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelchi View Post
if your context is "onMyMAc" it works, if its on Icloud it doesn't.
I created a calendar in iCal called Omnifocus. I created it on my mac. I thought that would solve the problem. Do I need to have a context that actually says "onMyMac"?
I received another reply from the Ninja's and they don't seem to be able to help.
Thanks,
Ellen

you should sync (in the OF preferences) one of your context with the Ical of choice...

it works

A

I finally got iCal syncing to work! The support ninja's asked me to reset sync services. Here's the email I received. Hope it helps someone else.

"Hm...I'm not sure what could be causing that. You may want to try resetting Sync Services:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627

There is another way that OmniFocus interacts with iCal that you may find useful. If you're synching OmniFocus through a WebDAV server, you can use the calendar subscription feature to publish iCal events from OmniFocus. Each time you sync OmniFocus with your sync server, any upcoming due events will be published to an .ics calendar file stored on your sync server, which iCal on your Mac or iOS device can subscribe to.

If you're not currently synching via MobileMe or WebDAV, you can sign up for our free server at <www.omnigroup.com/sync>. Once you've set up your account, go to <sync.omnigroup.com>, sign into your account, and click the "Send to OmniFocus" button to import your sync settings into OmniFocus.

Once you set up synching in the Sync Setting screen, click the "Publish Due reminders as a calendar" checkbox, then click on the Subscribe in iCal button. From there, iCal should show your upcoming due actions (anything due within the next two weeks) in OmniFocus as calendar events."

I only use iCloud calendars. I hope this feature comes soon.

Things, The Hit List and even freeware Anxiety manage to sync with iCloud.

I have Omnifocus on my Phone/iPad/Mac however I still like to use Reminders for more simple everyday tasks.

I hope this can be in a future update.