The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't get rid of a "start Page" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey...

No matter what I do (so far) I can't seem to get rid of a custom "start page" that I previously set, but do not want anymore. Each new _session_ of Omniweb brings that old "start page" back. Ideas please!
--
dukester

Did you perhaps save a snapshot or workspace that is reloading the unwanted page?

Can't remember! Is there a way to determine whether such exists?

After looking in the "Workspace" menu ;) all I see is the default workspace. Is there a way to edit what is contained in that workspace?

How about setting the window up the way you would want it to be with the home page you want, and then taking a snapshot (Ctrl-Cmd-T) of that to replace the current one. You could try closing the current window and opening a new one <File : New Browser> Does that open the generic OmniWeb window for you? Then set that one up as you want it and take a snapshot.

Setting up a new workspace with the page I want to see at startup seems to have worked. However, this seems to be in conflict with the Preferences/General/Start Page/text input box (for custom start page) option

Then (1) just set the "start page" to OmniWeb Default, as that will only come up when you select "New Browser". (2) if you want your personal start page to come up with every new browser you open, have you tried designing it, saving it to a suitable location on your hard disk in some suitable form and then setting "start page" to point to that file? (3) How about when you open up the browser and your new snapshot comes up, click the favicon to select the URL, then paste that into the "start page" text box?

Last edited by xiamenese; 2010-06-12 at 06:02 PM..

I fixed it by taking a snapshot of my personal homepage. Now when I bring up a "New browser", my personal homepage comes up. I now realize that the term "Start Page" does not refer to the default page that appears with a new browser window. Rather it refers to the page that appears when the "Start Page" Icon is clicked. A bit confusing because other browsers behave differently. No worries though, now that I know. Thanks for the input!
--
dukester