The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Resolving crashes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been getting a lot of crashes and I've been filing all of them by sending them via email to Omni.

Is there any thing I can do to reduce the number of crashes I'm getting? Disable syncing? Any suggestions?

So I deleted my webdav copy of synced data. Then removed the "s" from https:// for BingoDisk even though 1.02 release note said it resolved the ssl issue with BingoDisk. Now OF for iPhone have not crashed.

Guess all my issues were related to sync.

1.0.2 reported some things as crashes that weren't really crashes. 1.0.3 won't report those, so most people will see fewer crashes.

(Most of the not-really-crashes were situations where the iPhone forced OmniFocus to quit because the user pushed the home button or something like that. If a sync is taking a long time, and the iPhone forces us to quit, it isn't really a crash. OmniFocus will just sync again next time it's open.)

I've noticed using 1.0.2 that sometimes when adding/editing an entry that OF will crash back to the iPhone home screen. When I try to run OF again, there's no request for emailing the crash log. Guess the app didn't catch the crashes.

Hopefully these other crashes won't occur in 1.0.3.