The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus on iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstorm View Post
OG can easily determine who has purchased both versions
Oh, really? How, exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Oh, really? How, exactly?
I would imagine Apple provides sales figures [from iPhone sales], and hopefully that includes the purchaser's name at the very least. Cross reference that with the invoices they've taken from their site, and I would think you'd have a pretty comprehensive list.

Or, as I said earlier, offer the next OF update as a Universal one.

Last edited by Lightstorm; 2010-04-01 at 09:45 AM..

The great debate over the pricing of the original iPhone version of OmniFocus strongly suggested that in fact, only Apple knows who bought the apps. Perhaps matters have changed since then, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that they have.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...6&postcount=84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstorm View Post
I would imagine Apple provides sales figures [from iPhone sales], and hopefully that includes the purchaser's name at the very least.
We don't receive customer names or anything like that, sorry.

Looks like Apple has unveiled the app store for iPad today.

Omni has two products listed - Sketcher for $14.99 and Graffle for $49.99 (ouch!).

However, no OmniFocus yet.

Surprising thing was the Things for iPad was listed for $19.99 with a couple of screenshots. They seem to match closely what their Mac version is.

I am hoping that OF for iPad will be released soon . . .

I just looked on the App Store and saw OmniGraffle and OmniGraphSketcher only. I'm glad those are there, but they're only nice-to-haves for me; OmniFocus is a must-buy. I hope it finds it's way there soon!

What about this; release the iPhone and iPad versions in one app, then make the full iPad version an in-app purchase?

You can always run OmniFocus in double-pixel mode on your iPad. You just use your regular OmniFocus app but it's just resized.

Various interviews with Ken Case has an estimate of end of year 2010 for an OmniFocus app that is redesigned for the iPad.

Remember, CulturedCode only has one app to work on.

OmniGroup has OmniGraphSketcher, OmniOutliner, OmniFocus, OmniPlan, and OmniGraffle. They have their hands full.

http://www.omnigroup.com/blog/entry/iPad_or_Bust
http://www.omnigroup.com/blog/entry/...o_weeks_later/

So it looks like Sketcher and Graffle made it out first. OmniOutliner iPad, OmniOutliner 4, and OmniPlan 2 looks to be next in line. Then finally OmniFocus will bring up the rear.....

In the meantime, I'm still happy with OmniFocus on my iPod touch. I can see myself carrying the touch way more than I would be carrying the iPad.

But, yeah, I would love to see OmniFocus on the iPhone/iPod touch earlier....

Yes, I know we all hate double dipping....

But if OmniFocus for iPad is very significantly different beast from OmniFocus for iPhone, I can understand the justification for charging for a separate app.

I just think of it as buying another license to use on another device.

All I know is that whatever I pay will be money well spent. I love carrying my iPod touch with me everywhere and use OmniFocus on it religiously.

However, I usually reserve my brainstorming sessions for my MacBook. I'll enter an outline of projects and ideas into the OmniFocus for iPhone inbox. Then I'll sync to the MacBook and proceed to flesh out my projects. Or I'll just grab a paper pad and pen and do my brainstorming there. I'll transfer it over to OmniFocus on my MacBook later.

If I had the iPad, i can probably do better weekly reviews on it than I would on my iPod touch.