The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Print canvas shortcut Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know this is a minor sort of thing, but it would be nice if there is a keyboard shortcut for printing a single canvas. I have googled and searched the forum but have been unable to find any way of hitting a key combination to only print the current canvas.

My documents are frequently many pages and I almost never print the entire multipage document at once. The current print shortcut does me no good other than to accidentally waste paper when I hit the cmd-P. I have a multi-monitor setup and it is a bit of a hassle to always navigate to a different display just to manually select from the menu this simple command.

I assume there is a simple way of doing this already, but if someone would point me at where this is documented I would appreciate it.

You can set this up with the Keyboard panel in System Preferences. Select the Keyboard Shortcuts section, select Application Shortcuts on the left, click the + under the right hand column, select OmniGraffle in the list of applications, put "Print Canvas" in the Menu Title field, and type your desired shortcut into the Keyboard Shortcut field. Click OK and try it out.

As for wasting paper, you have to confirm the print dialog before it actually does that, don't you?

Thank you, that worked great. I did not know that particular feature of System Preferences was there (to the level of customizing a third party app shortcut).

As for the wasting paper, it is so automatic to just hit enter to the print dialog it ends up being sent before I realize the entire document was just submitted.