The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone Notes Syncing confirmed in Leopard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A list of 300 features included in Leopard, due October 26th, has been posted to apple.com. Included, iPhone notes syncing.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/300.html

One might assume that, since tasks can be included inline with freeform notes, they will also be synced with the iPhone. Whether this is the case, and exactly how it might be implemented, is anyone's guess. I guess we'll find out in ten days.

I notice that is under the "Mail" heading.

I'm confused, and a bit concerned. The Leopard screencasts, conspicuously missing from the new pages on apple.com, demonstrated that to-do items would be added free-form in the new notes functionality of Mail.app. This was also highlighted during the initial Leopard demo during Steve's MacWorld 2006 keynote.

Just type a list into a note, and click a toolbar button to "promote" the item to to a task. A checkbox appears next to the item, and a corresponding task is created in the list view, also within Mail.app.

Now, I can find reference to no such feature. Not to get all conspiracy theorist, but this seems fishy.

I did find this interesting nugget on the Mail.app feature page:

Quote:
And since to-dos are stored with your email (when using an IMAP mail service), you can access them from Mail on any Mac.

from: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/app...ons-311345.php

Quote:
Giz: What do Mail To Dos look like when viewed from 3rd party mail apps or from an iPhone?
Apple: To Dos show up as normal mail in 3rd Party and non-Leopard mail programs, including iPhones and Blackberrys.