The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

MS Word and DocX Export Question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was using OO3 a while back and created a document. I did some testing to see what the best options were as far as exporting to the MS Word file. I thought I had it setup correctly, and it gave me my desired results.

Today I did an upgrade to 3.9.2 and did the MS Word export, and it gave me back a 4 KB file, with no content. If I export it as the docx file, I get a decent file, but the formatting is a little off, like some of my indentations are really heavy. I may just have to work with the docx file.

But any ideas on what the MS Word export isn't working.

Running OS 10.5.8 and OO 3.9.2

Ian

Hi Ian, the Word HTML exporter is unfortunately broken in 3.9.2. It's fixed in the current 3.9.3 beta which you can download here http://www.omnigroup.com/application...outliner/beta/

As far as the docx format, did you setup custom indentations? That exporter doesn't use any of indentation or tab stop info from the OO doc. If the default values it's using are bad, that could be fairly easy to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Hi Ian, the Word HTML exporter is unfortunately broken in 3.9.2. It's fixed in the current 3.9.3 beta which you can download here http://www.omnigroup.com/application...outliner/beta/

As far as the docx format, did you setup custom indentations? That exporter doesn't use any of indentation or tab stop info from the OO doc. If the default values it's using are bad, that could be fairly easy to change.
Got it. That's all good to know. I just upgraded to 3.9.2 yesterday. I also emailed support, so what I will end up doing is downloading the 3.9.3 beta, and trying it, as well as forwarding a copy of my file to support to see about the custom indentations.

Thanks,

Ian