The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Attaching Emails to Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to attach an email to a new action item or project. Currently, I see you can attach a picture or audio. If not I'd like to see this feature added.

For best results with feature requests, use Contact Omni under the gear menu. There's no guarantee they'll see any particular forum post, or add it to the development database if they do see it.

Are you using only the iPad app, or do you also have the Mac app? If you only have the iPad app, about the best you can do at the moment is copy and paste into the notes box.

Hopefully, CXA, (and as Ken has mentioned in the past, see this link), at some point in the future OmniFocus will implement Document Interchange which will solve this problem that OF users on iDevices (who don't have OF on a desktop Mac), suffer from; namely the inability to import or export attachments!

It will still mean using a 3rd party App to convert the email to a document (unless Google reinstates its email to Google Docs feature) or until such time as Apple figures out a way to implement Document Interchange from the inbox. I gather their problem is where an email itself has an attachment.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-09-13 at 11:36 AM..