The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Force ALL new tabs to stay in the background? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been noticing with 5.5 some new tabs from some sites are automatically selected when they are loaded up and it takes me away from the page I'm reading.

Is there any hidden option that will keep the tab in the background until I navigate to it (I have the global preference to open in a background tab - cmd+click).

got example?

There is a "Security" site-preference (which can be set for a single site or globally) for allowing Javascript to reorder windows. If you turn that off, it should fix your tab focus issues.

Gmail is the one I always see do this (I also have that Javascript option turned off).

I'll be reading a page and open a new tab to check my Gmail account and it always jumps to the Gmail tab when it is finished loading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4ever
Gmail is the one I always see do this (I also have that Javascript option turned off).

I'll be reading a page and open a new tab to check my Gmail account and it always jumps to the Gmail tab when it is finished loading.
Yeah, that's because of the way gmail is built (at least at first glance.) It does this to me in Safari as well... it's REALLY annoying.

Apple fixed an issue with Gmail stealing focus a few months ago but after we froze our version for 5.5. Hopefully 5.5.1 will help with this issue.