The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Custom Filter (Sync Tasks to/from iCal) doesn't work in Omniplan 2.0 GM (w Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
To whom it may concern:

I was part of your Omniplan 2.0 beta, and was very excited about one specifiic feature which promises to solve a huge problem for me. I tested the feature and it worked great in the latest Beta build of Omniplan 2.0. But ever since I installed the GM version of Omniplan 2.0 it simply does not work. Please review the before and after steps to reproduce and let me know at your earliest convenience if this is a known issue and how I can get to a resolution as soon as possible:

In OmniPlan 2.0 Beta

1) Open a project that has multiple tasks with different deadlines, assigned to different resources (let's call them Task 1, 2, 3, 4 assigned to Resource 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively)
2) In iCal, set up a MobileMe account that has the following 4 calendars:
• Resource 1 Deadlines
• Resource 2 Deadlines
• Resource 3 Deadlines
• Resource 4 Deadlines
3) Share this calendar with each of the 4 resources, and set the sharing preferences to read/write for each of them.
4) Back in Omniplan 2.0 - from the menu bar, choose Project - > Configure Publishing and & Subscriptions...
5) From the + button, choose Sync tasks to/from iCal events
6) From the Calendar: drop-down in the top right, choose "Resource 1 Deadlines"
7) From the Filter: drop-down, choose Custom:
• If All of the following are true:
• Resource is Resource 1
8) Repeat steps 5-7 above for Resource 2, 3, and 4
9) Click the OK button
10) Save your project to trigger the syncing of tasks to iCal events.

Results:
• in iCal - Task 1 shows up in the Resource 1 Deadlines calendar, Task 2 shows up in the Resource 2 Deadlines calendar, and so forth.

In Omniplan 2.0 GM

Follow steps 1-10 above.

Results:
• in iCal - nothing shows up at all.

1) Now, go back to Configure Publishing & Subscriptions...
2) Select the first "Sync tasks to/from iCal events" settings, and from the Filter: drop-down choose "None" instead of "Custom"
3) Click the OK button
4) Save your project to trigger the syncing of tasks to iCal events.

Results:
• Now, in iCal all of the Tasks (1-4) show up in the Task 1 Deadlines

So, it seems with the GM version - the sync to/from iCal events feature only works when you choose not to use a filter. This makes this feature useless to me.

Please help!

Thanks,

Hatim

I'll have to confirm next week, but this sounds like a bug I just fixed internally. If you want to experiment perhaps you can contrive to make a task whose status is "due soon". If that task syncs (whether it would seem to match you filter or not) then you can expect to see this resolved in an upcoming minor release.

Otherwise, I'll have to peek under the hood.

Tom

I can confirm that the above mentioned bug appeared to me today as well when I was trying to set-up a sync with our google calendar.

I hope the bug can be fixed as soon as possible, as it is quite annoying! Any news on the release?

regards,
P

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierreEclair View Post
I can confirm that the above mentioned bug appeared to me today as well when I was trying to set-up a sync with our google calendar.

I hope the bug can be fixed as soon as possible, as it is quite annoying! Any news on the release?

regards,
P
One additional remark to my previous post: the custom filter does seem to work if you filter on, e.g. task title.

- filter: custom
- any of the following conditions true
- tast title contains "Resource 1"

result: task shows up in the Google Cal of Resource 1.
It could be a work-around but I don't want to add the resource name to my tasks all the time

Hey guys,

We think this is fixed in the beta we've just started shipping. See http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21971.

Let us know if we're horribly mistaken!

Thanks.

Can anybody confirm if this is fixed in the Beta?

Cheers

You can :-) After all, you only care if it works for you, right?

Download a copy from the thread linked in Tom's post and try it. No need to install it in the Applications folder until you decide it works.

Works! Thanks for your help.