The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Group Priority setting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Omni community,

I've just purchased OmniPlan, and have set up my first project quite easily - this is a great product! I am wondering how I can set a priority to an entire group of tasks instead of having to manually set each of them within the group... is this possible (and if not, can it be made possible?)?

Cheers,
-Shannon

If you are "setting a priority" by using the flag, you can flag the project instead of all the contained actions. Until you unflag the project, everything in it will be treated as if individually flagged, except you won't be able to unflag individual actions.

Alternatively, do a group selection of things you want flagged, then right/ctrl-click to get a contextual menu that will let you set/unset the flag for the whole bunch at once.

Thanks for the quick reply. I can't see any function within the program that says 'flag', and that term is not in the help documents. I've enabled the 'Priority' column in the Task View, and whenever I add sub tasks to a task group heading, I can not set the priority of that task group heading, only its child tasks... clicking on the Priority space next to the task group heading does not do any thing - it is not editable...only the child task priorities. I want to set the priority for the entire group, and not manually set each of the child tasks individually...

Please see attached snapshot... I'd like to add the task group priority within the circles space...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	695  

Of course you can't, I didn't look at the top of the page closely enough and thought you were talking about OmniFocus! Duh.

Sorry, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to set the priority on a selection group from the contextual menu or the inspector at the moment. Use Help->Send Feedback to officially request that Omni provide one...

Thanks for that. I have submitted feedback.

Cheers,
-Shannon