The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

when purchasing omniweb are my bookmarks preserved? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have 1 or 2 days till the trial period for omniweb is over, and I also have a ton of bookmarks in my free trial version of omniweb. I was about to purchase it but then I realized my bookmarks and things might not be saved...is this true? Or are they moved over to the new omniweb?

Thanks,
Amy

if you are worried about losing your bookmarks, might you consider exporting them to a file and later importing them back into OW if necessary?

yes, I looked for a place where you can export them, but couldn't find anywhere....

Based on my experience with licensing nearly every other Omni application, your bookmarks will not be deleted. However, you can take out some inexpensive insurance against that possibility by making a copy of the Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5 folder. There's a Bookmarks.html file in there that contains your bookmarks, and other files that you would probably also want to preserve. You can just open that file in another browser if at some future date you wish to transfer your bookmarks out of OmniWeb.

All entering your license key does is turn off the timed demo limit. It doesn't touch the rest of your data.

As Floach said, entering a license doesn't affect any of your preferences it just unlocks the non-demo version of OmniWeb.

I copied the omniweb 5 folder like you suggested, whpalmer4, and purchased and downloaded the new omniweb and my bookmarks were still there. Yay! Thank you everyone.

Now I am having trouble with the licensing, can you guys see my other thread posted in the OmniWeb General forum?a

Thanks.