The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Some data not syncing from iPhone to Mac / how to set sync frequency? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Brian,

I have this same issue, and switching perspectives (or trying any different view) does not reveal the missing items.

I had two items entered on the iPhone that were not syncing to my laptop.

However, I just tried an experiment. I edited the items on the iPhone, adding a context (but keeping them projectless).

They synced right over.

- Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Can everyone that's having this problem select Perspectives -> Remaining items and let me know if the actions show up?

If there's no error message coming back from the sync, one possibility would be that the actions were synced, but are being filtered from view by the settings under the view menu.

Last edited by macmatt; 2008-07-17 at 12:07 AM..

Thanks - that may be a useful clue.

Thanks for sticking with this Brian.

FYI, I just returned from the road and made numerous changes of varying degrees on my iPhone. When I returned home last night and sync'd, not all changes were updated on my Mac. While it's hard to audit what made it and what didn't, it's pretty clear that there is a problem.

I've tried to set various views and filters on a selected set of changes, but that didn't help.

One experiment I tried, as per macmatt, was to change the context in one of the actions that didn't sync. That did the trick.

Add me to the list of people seeing this problem. What got them to sync for me was setting a start date of today, or setting a deadline.