The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to easily attach pdfs from Finder? [A: see thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi
I often save files (eg. pdf to read) from an email (or website) into downloads, then want to put the file into omnifocus to read later - haven't found a good way to do it - if I send the email to send-to-omnifocus I don't get the attached file, & it's a faff to create a task then drag & drop the pdf onto the notes pane. Is there a quick way I'm missing?
Thanks

Tatters, the default behavior is to link to a file, but if you hold the Option key down when dropping a file onto the note field of an action, OmniFocus will embed the file in your database.

(The option key's required because attaching files can significantly affect sync speed and the amount of data that's sent to your mobile devices. Just something to be aware of...)

thanks - yep I can do that, but looking for a shortcut as it takes an inordinate about of time!

It takes an inordinate amount of time to hold down the option key?

thanks for that ;-)
it takes an inordinate amount of time to save the pdf to finder, then add a task in OF, then open notes, then drag file to notes pane - guess you guys are suggesting that I can drag to title rather than notes pane with option key - but still not as slick as a quick shortcut!